Wednesday 29 August 2012

Burger and Lobster

Spent the evening with 2 dear friends of mine, one of whom has been living in Brazil for the past couple of years.

Decided to go to burger and lobster (compromise as Amo doesn't eat fish and I'm off the carbs) and I've wanted to go there for ages

The atmosphere was much more informal than I expected, but I really like it. Literally there are only 3 things on the menu:

1) lobster - grilled or steamed, with lemon butter or plain butter
2) lobster roll
3) burger - with bacon and/or cheese, or plain

- all served with salad and chips (double salad for me)

There was also a chalkboard with some obscenely large lobsters which could be picked from the tank and ordered, very pricey but I'm sure some people love it!

we ordered 2 grilled lobsters and a burger. I think I've probably only ordered lobster in a restaurant a couple of times, and to be honest have never really been quite sure on how to each it and make sure I got the most meat out of it!

The food came very quickly - I guess that's a given when there's only 2 items to prepare.

Both the lobster and the burger looked great. I didn't taste the burger, but was assured it was delicious. The lobster was gorgeous! It was so tasty, and there's something really satisfying about pulling the chunks of meat from the claws. The lemon butter was super yummy and added lovely flavour to the lobster meat.

I really enjoyed the simplicity of the menu and the taste and service of the food. Definitely great value for money at £20 for lobster - look forward to going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment