Saturday 16 June 2012

Back with chocolate cake

Well it's been a while for the blog. In between there's been an engagement and a wedding, and now that's all done with, I can finally get back on with everything.

The two areas of my focus for this year:
1) pass stage 1 of my tax exams
2) have 100 followers on twitter and 100 readers of the blog

This morning, my sister was here and I'm always inspired to bake when around her. Follow @beesloveteas on twitter for great recipes and baking tips, as well as fab blog entries

One of the great things about getting married is all the lovely gifts and we have been so lucky, as we were really spoilt. I couldn't resist adding lots of baking and cooking things on our registry and by far my favourite item has been my glass cake stand, with cloche! May sound wierd to many but I've wanted one of these for ages and I love it!

So what better way to start back on the blog but to bake something worthy of the cloche. I was given Lorraine Pascale's 'Baking Made Easy' book a couple of xmases ago and its so good. Today I decided to make the 'I don't give a damn choc cake'. Wow - easiest cake I've ever baked and hubby proclaimed it as the best cake ever. Just throw everything in a bowl, no faffing with creaming or sifting, and it is so moist and delicious. A definite must for any keen but novice bakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment