Tuesday 26 June 2012

Thierry's Meat Pie

So I finally understand twitter. It's only taken me 2 years, but now I get it. And love it! Excitement of new followers, being able to follow all my favourite chefs and restaurants, amazing! And so many people put links to recipes, it's brilliant and I will be baking Nigella's banana bread this weekend!

Going straight to work after the gym means that we normally have quite a rubbish dinner when we get home. But luckily for us, mum brought us one of Thierry's meat pies at the weekend.

Thierry and his family run a cafe (TC Patisserie) in Beverley, the town nearest to my parents house. They have been talking about it for ages and seem to spend most Saturday mornings there. I just assumed it was probably a normal cafe, and mum and dad were just excited about somewhere new and different. But after going there for breakfast, I do understand. It's quite a small cafe with a real homely atmosphere and from the moment you walk in, you feel at home. It can be hard to get a table sometimes as it is very popular, but definitely worth the wait. I had poached eggs for breakfast and they were so delicious.

However, the actual best thing about TC Patisserie (or Thierry's as my parents call it) is the meat pies which my mum has been serving us at home for ages. Any occasion is good enough for a meat pie, birthdays, xmas, meeting my hubby's parents!!

The steak pie is out of this world! Somehow he manages to get them to taste savoury but sweet, crunchy but soft, filling but surprisingly light. They are full of chunks of steak, delicious gravy and for someone who doesn't love pies, I'm a convert. Everyone should try one.

And he's a nice man too. He gives my mum big pots of leftover gravy from making the pies, which she makes good use of at home - she always gets in with right people!

If you're ever in Beverley, make sure to pop to TC Patisserie. They has a bakery as well as cafe, serving meals all day.

http://www.beverleypeople.co.uk/cafes/cafes-snack-shops-and-tearooms/t-c-patisserie/business-10942271-detail/business.html

No comments:

Post a Comment