Sunday 1 July 2012

Enchiladas and Banana rum cake

Had the unexpected surprise of an impromptu visit from 2 of my sisters this weekend (don't worry Bear, we didn't have too much fun without you!). Working all day on Friday meant I needed to make something quick, yet tasty.

Enchiladas! Having lived in Arizona for 3 years when I was younger, I developed a taste for Mexican food and was really excited when I found an easy recipe for enchiladas.

Blend 1tsp cumin, 2tsp chili powders, 1tbsp jalapeƱos and 1 can black beans into a paste and spread over 6 tortillas. Then add chicken (cooked and I also add cooked onions and peppers), roll up and put in a roasting tin. Cover in salsa and cheese, and bake in the oven at 200c, for 20 minutes covered in foil. Then remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes. Simples and delicious - serve with sour cream and extra jalapeƱos if you like it spicy. The girls loved it!

We had a lovely week - few drinks out on Friday night and then wandered round the shops on Saturday.

They also helped, or observed, me making my first banana bread. I slightly adapted from a Lorraine Pascale recipe (basically added 2 tbsp of rum to the cake mixture!!) but it is so lovely, big triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment