Saturday 21 July 2012

I made pasta!

Taking the lessons I learnt last weekend, and my new pasta machine (thanks to our wedding gift vouchers), I decided to try making pasta on my own.

Guess what - it was really easy. I found a recipe in my favourite cookbook - Marcus Wareing's 'how to make the perfect.....' - and it took about 15 minutes to make the dough. 225g '00' pasta flour, 2 eggs, 3 egg yolks, 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil. Mix all in a food processor until crumbly and knead into a dough (add more flour if it's a bit sticky). Then wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for at least an hour. Easy!

The most fun part was rolling it out through the pasta machine. I decided to make tagliatelle, which was a bit tricky as you need to make sure the pasta consistency is right, otherwise all the strands stick together. After a few attempts, and the help of hubby, I had my tagliatelle ready to cook.

Whilst the pasta has been resting in the fridge, I had also made some pesto (also from Marcus' book), and after boiling the pasta for about 2 minutes, we had tagliatelle with pesto, topped with roasted chicken breast. Delish!

Now off to see Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment