Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ode to Lasagne

Since I was a young child, I have loved two foods: lasagne and custard. Not together, well I might, just never tried it!

It seems fitting then to write an entry about my favourite foods. I love them so equally that they deserve an entry of their own. So today I write an ode to lasagne. Lasagne with salad. Lasagne with chips. Lasagne with garlic bread. Lasagne with coleslaw. Lasagne with salad, chips, garlic bread and coleslaw. Proper pub grub!

It would be my final meal if I was on death row and I genuinely believe that I could eat it for dinner every day for the rest of my life and not get bored of it. Now that's a statement.

My mum makes a killer lasagne. It has been a family staple my whole life and always on the table whenever I go home. I used to try and replicate it the best I could, but I always used to be disappointed as I couldn't make it taste quite right.

So I decided to make it 'my own way'. My grandma puts spinach in her meat sauce, so I always do that. I now add cheese to the white sauce. Put a couple of chillies in it for a kick. And you know what, after years of perfecting, it tastes good!

Served with tomatoes in balsamic vinegar is how we enjoyed it this weekend, what a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment